Why do I keep seeing the message "Invalid account" in MetaTrader 4 / MetaTrader 5?
Here are some possible reasons:
- 1The login you entered is not correct.
MetaTrader logins contain numbers only. Your login should have been sent to your registered email address following registration.
- 2The password you entered is not correct.
Your MetaTrader password should be at least eight characters in length and contain numbers as well as upper and lower-case letters of the Latin alphabet. It is case-sensitive. To avoid making any mistakes, you can simply copy and paste the password from the email you were sent following registration.
- 3You didn't select the correct server.
Make sure that you choose the server that corresponds to the range of numbers that your account falls in.
If you downloaded the MetaTrader 4 or MetaTrader 5 platform from a different site, your server will not appear in the list. In this case you need to download the latest version of MetaTrader 4 or MetaTrader 5 from our site. You may also simply manually enter the IP address of the server you need.
- 4The account no longer exists.
Live accounts will be deleted if they have not been activated within 30 days of being opened. To activate a live account, you will need to meet the minimum deposit requirement for your account type. MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 demo accounts will expire if they have not been logged into for 21 days.
Alpari reserves the right to activate a client's trading account regardless of the amount of money on the account.
Did you find the information you were looking for?
More Frequently Asked Questions about Trading Platforms:
- What are the IP addresses for demo, live and contest accounts?
- How do I change my MetaTrader 4 / MetaTrader 5 password?
- How do I trace an IP address?
- Why do I see "No Connection" when I try to connect to MetaTrader 4 / MetaTrader 5?
- Why do I keep seeing the message "Invalid account" in MetaTrader 4 / MetaTrader 5?
- Why do I see the message "Trade context is busy" when I try to make a MetaTrader transaction?
- What time is displayed in MetaTrader?
- What is a trailing stop? Will it be triggered if I am offline?
- What should I do if I forget the password to my demo account?
- What can I find in my MT4 trading report?
- What can I find in my MT5 trading report?
- Why do I get the "Trade is disabled" message when I try to place or change a MetaTrader order?
- Why can't I find certain trading instruments in the "Market Watch" window?
- How can I download quote histories in MetaTrader?
- Why did I lose the information in my "Account History"?
- Why did a bar/candle disappear from my chart?
- BinaryTrader gives me 3 choices for how much I can invest in a trade. Can I enter a different amount?
- Can I change the "Payout" or "Protection Level" of a binary option manually?
- Can I set the price boundary levels for "OneTouch Options" or "Range High / Low Options" myself?
- How can I install MetaTrader on Mac OS?
- Why does the order close automatically when I open a locked position on an instrument in MT5?