- Main Page
- How do I trace an IP address?
How do I trace an IP address?
Each time you log in to the system you will need to enter your MT4 login and password and choose a server. Over the years, Alpari servers have proven to be extremely reliable and rarely crash.
If you are having problems connecting to the server, we recommend calling Alpari's technical support team at +44 8449 869559. In some cases, it may be possible to fix connectivity problems manually using network commands.
If you have Windows on your computer, you can follow the steps below to troubleshoot your connectivity issues and determine the exact nature of the problem:
- Click "Start".
- Click "Run..."
- Type "cmd" and press "Enter".
- Type one of the network commands below into the command prompt that appears.
The "Tracert" command sends out a signal, then traces its path until a break in network communication is discovered. In the command prompt window, enter "tracert" (without quotes) followed by a single space and your IP server address (e.g. tracert 22.214.171.124) and press "Enter". After entering this command, a table will appear with the results. Each line in the table will show a different point in the route of the signal on the way to the destination server, starting with your gateway server.
The "Telnet" command allows you to find out if it is possible to connect to a remote server using network port 443. In the command prompt window, enter "telnet" (without quotes), followed by a space, followed by your IP server address, followed by "443" (without quotes). For example: "telnet 126.96.36.199 443". Press "Enter". You will see either an empty screen with a blinking cursor or the following message: "Connecting 188.8.131.52...Unable to connect this host to the port 443: Connection failed".
Please Note:When entering network commands, use the IP address you wish to check (list of server IP addresses). If you aren't having any luck, don't hesitate to give our technical support team a call.
If needed, you can send our technical support team the results by pasting them into any text document. To do this, right-click anywhere in the command prompt window, choose "Select all" and press "Enter". Open any any text editor (Notepad, Wordpad, etc.) and press "Ctrl+V" to paste the selected text.
Did you find the information you were looking for?
More Frequently Asked Questions about Trading Platforms:
- What are the IP addresses for demo, live and contest accounts?
- How do I change my MetaTrader 4 / MetaTrader 5 password?
- How do I trace an IP address?
- Why do I see "No Connection" when I try to connect to MetaTrader 4 / MetaTrader 5?
- Why do I keep seeing the message "Invalid account" in MetaTrader 4 / MetaTrader 5?
- Why do I see the message "Trade context is busy" when I try to make a MetaTrader transaction?
- What time is displayed in MetaTrader?
- What is a trailing stop? Will it be triggered if I am offline?
- What should I do if I forget the password to my demo account?
- What can I find in my MT4 trading report?
- What can I find in my MT5 trading report?
- Why do I get the "Trade is disabled" message when I try to place or change a MetaTrader order?
- Why can't I find certain trading instruments in the "Market Watch" window?
- How can I download quote histories in MetaTrader?
- Why did I lose the information in my "Account History"?
- Why did a bar/candle disappear from my chart?
- BinaryTrader gives me 3 choices for how much I can invest in a trade. Can I enter a different amount?
- Can I change the "Payout" or "Protection Level" of a binary option manually?
- According to what time does the BinaryTrader platform operate?
- Which operating systems support the BinaryTrader mobile application?
- Is the functionality of the BinaryTrader platform preserved in the mobile application?
- How can I install MetaTrader on Mac OS?
- Why does the order close automatically when I open a locked position on an instrument in MT5?