In order for messages to be sent from the trading terminal to your email address automatically, you need to make sure that the trading terminal’s settings match those of your inbox.
1. In your trading terminal, go to “Tools” – “Options” – “Email”.
To proceed, you need to tick the checkbox titled “Enable” and fill out the following fields:
- SMTP server — address of the SMTP server and port used. This server will be utilized to send the message. The record must be made in the following format "[server web address] : [port number]". For example, "smtp.your_email_provider.com:25" where "smtp.your_email_provider.com" is the server web address, "25" is the port number.
- SMTP login — a login required to access the trade server. This is usually an electronic mailbox. Example: your_name@your_email_provider.com
- SMTP password — a password required to log in (mailbox access password).
- From — the email address, from which the message will be sent. In this field, there must be name and emailing address on the mail server, the SMTP of which will be utilized. The name usually coincides with the first part of the electronic address, but the name can be omitted. Example: your_name, your_name@your_email_provider.com
- To — the email address, to which the messages will be sent. The "Your Name" part of the address can be omitted. Generally, in the "To" field, any really existing email can be specified. Example: any_name, your_name@your_email_provider.com
Please note that only one email address may be specified for each of the "From" and "To" fields. Several emails given with or without separators will not be accepted.
Clicking "Test" sends a test message using the settings specified to test their workability. If it has been tested successfully, the "OK" button must be pressed to apply these settings. In the event that the test doesn’t succeed, it is recommended to check all settings again, restart the terminal, and resend the test message.
2. Email. In the mailbox itself, you will need to give permission to connect mail clients. More information on how to do this can be found in the help section of your mailbox.