- Home page
- What's the difference between a public and a private PAMM Portfolio?
What's the difference between a public and a private PAMM Portfolio?
When creating a PAMM Portfolio, the investor can decide whether to make the portfolio public or private. By default, PAMM Portfolios are public. Once a portfolio has been created it is not possible to swap the status from private to public or vice versa.
Public PAMM Portfolios appear in the full list of PAMM Portfolios on the site. A dedicated thread in the forum is also created, where the portfolio manager can talk to investors. A public PAMM Portfolio requires the client to register in the forum. This type of account is recommended for those who wish to actively attract investment.
Private PAMM Portfolios don't appear in our list of portfolios on the site and there is no associated thread in the form. You can carry out your own testing of the service, work out your strategy and, at a later stage, select which investors you would like to work with.
At the same time, investors in private PAMM Portfolios can use all the services and functions available on public portfolios.
- When a manager makes their first public portfolio, they have to create a nickname for the forum, which will also be used in myAlpari.
- When publishing subsequent PAMM Portfolios, the nickname created for your first portfolio will be used in the forum for each future portfolio.
Did you find the information you were looking for?
More Frequently Asked Questions about PAMM portfolios:
- What is a PAMM portfolio?
- How do I invest in a PAMM portfolio?
- How can I withdraw funds from a PAMM portfolio?
- How can I invest more funds into a PAMM portfolio?
- What is the PAMM portfolio builder?
- How can I add a PAMM account from the builder?
- How can I create and activate a PAMM portfolio?
- What's the difference between a public and a private PAMM portfolio?
- What is a PAMM Portfolio non-withdrawable balance?
- What is PAMM Portfolio equity for?
- How can I change the compositon of my PAMM Portfolio?
- What is a PAMM Portfolio request planner and how can I configure it?
- What documents are required in order to accept investments?
- How do I calculate the return on a PAMM portfolio if a PAMM account's currency denomination differs from that of the portfolio?
- What is the "balance"," equity" and "free equity" on PAMM portfolios?
- What is PAMM portfolio monitoring?