- Home page
- What is an STA and how are they debited?
What is an STA and how are they debited?
An STA (Safe Trade Action) is an instrument which gives you the opportunity to be refunded part of your invested funds in a contract when your trade turns out to be a loss-making one.
If a client has an STA on their account, when a Fix-Contract is bought, one STA will be debited and a shield will appear next to the number of the contract purchased.
If an STA was spent when purchasing a contract, any loss when the contract expires will be fixed and you will be credited the nominal cost of the STA as a payout.
If an STA was spent when purchasing a contract where your trade is profitable or where you choose to expire the contract early, there will be no STA payout, with the STA being used up. Any payout for a contract in these cases will be paid in full.
The number of STAs on a trading account is shown in the top right-hand corner of the platform.
Example. Let’s say that you have 10 STAs on your trading account with a nominal cost of 1 USD each. When purchasing a Fix-Contract, one STA will be debited from your account, with a shield appearing to the right of the Fix-Contract number.
If a loss was made on the Fix-Contract, you will have the nominal value of the STA – 1 USD – credited to your account as a payout.
If you made a profit or decided to expire the contract early, you will receive the payout for the contract, but no payout for the STA.
Please note:The nominal cost of STA may vary according to the terms of the promotion.
Did you find the information you were looking for?
More Frequently Asked Questions about Trading terms for Fix-Contracts:
- What happens if the market price of the Fix-Contract is the same at expiry as when I placed the trade?
- How much will I receive if I sell a Fix-Contract early?
- Where can I see the spread in the spread strategy?
- What is an STA and how is it debited?
- What happens to unused STAs after their expiration date?
- What is a double contract?
- How can I double a contract?
- Can I increase the cost of a contract several times?
- When is the double contract feature available?
- For which types of Fix-Contracts is the double contract feature available?
- What is the Bonus Bank?
- In what circumstances does a run of trades end?
- How is the Bonus Bank calculated?
- How and who can receive the Bonus Bank?
- What are bonus funds for trading Fix-Contracts and how can I receive them?
- How do I trade Fix-Contracts using bonus funds?
- At what time is trading of share, index and oil CFDs available?
- Can I set the price boundary levels for "OneTouch contracts" or "Range High / Low contracts" myself?
- What is PRO status?
- How does PRO status work?
- How can PRO status be achieved?
- Where can I see the price levels for the Touch strategy and where can I see the price corridor for the Range strategy?