- Home page
- With Fix-Contracts, is there a fee for selling before expiry?
With Fix-Contracts, is there a fee for selling before expiry?
You are able to sell a Fix-Contract before its expiry if you want to fix your profit or minimise your losses. If you do this, the Fix-Contract will lose part of its initial cost and only part of the investment amount will be added to your account. Upon an early sale, the profit percentage is automatically calculated in the Fix-ContractsTrader platform for each individual contract and depends on both the Fix-Contract’s parameters and the remaining time to expiry.
To sell a contract early, log in to the Fix-ContractsTrader platform, select the “Active contracts” tab and click on “Put out”. You will immediately be offered a price at which to sell. If you agree to close the contract, the amount shown will be added to your account, the contract will be sold and it will be recorded as expired. The cost of a Fix-Contract is not refunded if you sell it before expiry, and the expiry price is equal to the purchase price of the contract.
Did you find the information you were looking for?
More Frequently Asked Questions about Trading terms for Fix-Contracts:
- What happens if the market price of the Fix-Contract is the same at expiry as when I placed the trade?
- How much will I receive if I sell a Fix-Contract early?
- Where can I see the spread in the spread strategy?
- What is an STA and how is it debited?
- What happens to unused STAs after their expiration date?
- What is a double contract?
- How can I double a contract?
- Can I increase the cost of a contract several times?
- When is the double contract feature available?
- For which types of Fix-Contracts is the double contract feature available?
- What is the Bonus Bank?
- In what circumstances does a run of trades end?
- How is the Bonus Bank calculated?
- How and who can receive the Bonus Bank?
- What are bonus funds for trading Fix-Contracts and how can I receive them?
- How do I trade Fix-Contracts using bonus funds?
- At what time is trading of share, index and oil CFDs available?
- Can I set the price boundary levels for "OneTouch contracts" or "Range High / Low contracts" myself?
- What is PRO status?
- How does PRO status work?
- How can PRO status be achieved?
- Where can I see the price levels for the Touch strategy and where can I see the price corridor for the Range strategy?