Why do I get the "Trade is disabled" message when I try to place or change an order?
Here are some possible reasons:
- Trading is closed due to a holiday. It may be that there is a national holiday somewhere that has altered the trading schedule for the instrument you have chosen. To check to see if this may be the case, you can find a schedule for the trading instrument in question in our "Contract Specifications". Click "Choose Parameters", then check "Trading Open" and "Trading Close". Click "Ready". In the table below, you will see a list of our trading instruments and the times the trading session for each opens and closes.
- Trading was closed due to a force majeure. For more on this, see our regulatory documents.
- A daily or monthly trade report is being complied. This occurs at 23:59:59 EET and lasts for only a few seconds. To avoid discrepancies when the report is being created, trading is momentarily disabled.
- Your account has not yet been activated. To activate your account, fund it with at least the minimum deposit as specified in the "Trading Conditions".
- Weekly break at rollover. At 23:55 trading week closes and reopens again on Monday at 00:05.
Did you find the information you were looking for?
More Frequently Asked Questions about Trading Platforms:
- What are the IP addresses for demo, live and contest accounts?
- How do I change my MetaTrader 4 password?
- How do I trace an IP address?
- Why do I see "No Connection" when I try to connect to MetaTrader 4?
- Why do I keep seeing the message "Invalid account" in MetaTrader 4?
- Why do I see the message "Trade context is busy" when I try to make a transaction?
- What time is displayed in MetaTrader 4?
- What is a trailing stop? Will it be triggered if I am offline?
- What should I do if I forget the password to my demo account?
- What can I find in my MT4 trading report?
- Why do I get the "Trade is disabled" message when I try to place or change an order?
- Why can't I find certain trading instruments in the "Market Watch" window?
- How can I download quote histories in MT4?
- Why did I lose the information in my "Account History"?
- Why did a bar/candle disappear from my chart?
- BinaryTrader gives me 3 choices for how much I can invest in a trade. Can I enter a different amount?
- Can I change the "Payout" or "Protection Level" of a binary option manually?
- Can I set the price boundary levels for "OneTouch Options" or "Range High / Low Options" myself?
- How can I install MetaTrader on Mac OS?