Why do I get the "Trade is disabled" message when I try to place or change an order in MetaTrader 4 and 5?
Here are some possible reasons:
- Trading is closed due to a holiday. It may be that there is a national holiday somewhere that has altered the trading schedule for the instrument you have chosen. To check to see if this may be the case, you can find a schedule for the trading instrument in question in our "Contract Specifications". Click "Choose Parameters", then check "Trading Open" and "Trading Close". Click "Ready". In the table below, you will see a list of our trading instruments and the times the trading session for each opens and closes.
- Trading was closed due to a force majeure. For more on this, see our regulatory documents.
- A daily or monthly trade report is being complied. This occurs at 23:59:59 EET and lasts for only a few seconds. To avoid discrepancies when the report is being created, trading is momentarily disabled.
- Your account has not yet been activated. To activate your account, fund it with at least the minimum deposit as specified in the "Trading Conditions".
Did you find the information you were looking for?
More Frequently Asked Questions about Trading Platforms:
- What are the IP addresses for demo, live and contest accounts?
- How do I change my MetaTrader 4 / MetaTrader 5 password?
- How do I trace an IP address?
- Why do I see "No Connection" when I try to connect to MetaTrader 4 / MetaTrader 5?
- Why do I keep seeing the message "Invalid account" in MetaTrader 4 / MetaTrader 5?
- Why do I see the message "Trade context is busy" when I try to make a MetaTrader transaction?
- What time is displayed in MetaTrader?
- What is a trailing stop? Will it be triggered if I am offline?
- What should I do if I forget the password to my demo account?
- What can I find in my MT4 trading report?
- What can I find in my MT5 trading report?
- Why do I get the "Trade is disabled" message when I try to place or change a MetaTrader order?
- Why can't I find certain trading instruments in the "Market Watch" window?
- How can I download quote histories in MetaTrader?
- Why did I lose the information in my "Account History"?
- Why did a bar/candle disappear from my chart?
- BinaryTrader gives me 3 choices for how much I can invest in a trade. Can I enter a different amount?
- Can I change the "Payout" or "Protection Level" of a binary option manually?
- According to what time does the BinaryTrader platform operate?
- Which operating systems support the BinaryTrader mobile application?
- Is the functionality of the BinaryTrader platform preserved in the mobile application?
- How can I install MetaTrader on Mac OS?
- Why does the order close automatically when I open a locked position on an instrument in MT5?