What can I find in my MT4 trading report?
MetaTrader 4 trading statements allow you to evaluate your overall trading performance and examine your individual trades. To access trading reports in MT4:
- Go to the "Account History" tab in the lower "Terminal" menu.
- Right-click to bring up a drop-down menu.
- Select "Save as Report" from the drop-down menu.
By right-clicking in the "Account History" tab, you can choose to generate a trading report for your entire trading history ("All History"), the "Last 3 Months" or the "Last Month". Or you can generate a report for the time period of your choice by selecting "Custom Period".
Daily trading reports (Confirmations) and monthly reports (Statements) are sent to your registered email address.
What You'll Find in Your Trading Report:
- Deposit/Withdrawal: The total result of deposits and withdrawals to / from the account over the reporting period (if no deposits or withdrawals were made, "Deposit/Withdrawal" will read 0)
- Credit Facility: Available credit
- Closed Trade P/L: Total profits or losses from transactions closed during the period
- Floating P/L: Total floating profits and losses on all transactions open on a client's account at the time the report is generated
- Margin: Total margin for all open transactions at the time the report is generated
- Balance: The total financial result of all completed trading and non-trading transactions (deposits, withdrawals) on the trading account at the time the report is generated
- Equity: The equity level at the moment the statement was generated (Balance + Credit + Floating profit - Floating loss)
- Free Margin: Funds available to open a new position at the time the report is generated (Free Margin = Equity - Margin)
In addition to regular trading reports, MetaTrader 4 allows you to generate a "detailed report," which includes additional information about your trading account, allowing you to analyze your trading performance more thoroughly.
To generate a detailed report:
- In MetaTrader 4, go to the "Account History" tab in the lower "Terminal" menu.
- Right-click to bring up a drop-down menu.
- Select "Save as Detailed Report" from the drop-down menu.
What You'll Find in Your Detailed Report (in addition to the information found in regular trading reports):
- Gross Profit: The total amount of profits earned on profit-earning positions over the reporting period
- Gross Loss: The total losses on loss-making positions over the reporting period
- Total Net Profit: The difference between "Gross Profit" and "Gross Loss"
- Profit Factor: A measure of your return; a coefficient showing the ratio of "Gross Profit" to "Gross Loss"
- Expected Payoff: Your "Total Net Profit" divided by the number of transactions made
- Absolute Drawdown: Drawdown from the initial account balance; how much the balance has decreased in relation to the initial deposit
- Maximal Drawdown: The largest drop from a peak to a trough during a certain time period (expressed as a monetary value). It may be higher than the "Absolute Drawdown" and show a loss even during a profit-earning period.
- Relative Drawdown: Shows the "Maximum Drawdown" expressed as a percentage of initial deposit
- Total Trades: The total number of trades placed on the trading account
- Short Positions (Win%): The number of short positions closed during the period (the percentage of short positions which earned a profit is shown in parentheses)
- Long Positions (Win%): The number of long positions closed during the period (the percentage of long positions which earned a profit is shown in parentheses)
- Profit Trades (% of Total): The total number of profit-earning trades during the period (the percentage out of the total number of trades is shown in parentheses)
- Loss Trades (% of Total): The total number of loss-making trades during the period (the percentage out of the total number of trades is shown in parentheses)
- Largest Profit Trade: The most earned on a single trade
- Largest Loss Trade: The most lost on a single trade
- Average Profit Trade: The average amount earned on transactions which earned a profit (Gross Profit / Profit Trades)
- Average Loss Trade: The average amount lost on transactions which made a loss (Gross Loss / Loss Trades)
- Maximum Consecutive Wins ($): The longest streak of consecutive profit-earning trades (the total profits earned on these trades is shown in parentheses)
- Maximum Consecutive Losses ($): The longest streak of consecutive loss-making trades (the total losses earned on these trades is shown in parentheses)
- Maximal Consecutive Profit (Count): The most earned on a trade during the streak of consecutive profit-earning trades (the number of trades in the streak is shown in parentheses)
- Maximal Consecutive Loss (Count): The most lost on a trade during the streak of consecutive loss-making trades (the number of trades in the streak is shown in parentheses)
- Average Consecutive Wins: The average number of consecutive profit-earning trades
- Average Consecutive Losses: The average number of consecutive loss-making transactions
Did you find the information you were looking for?
More Frequently Asked Questions about Trading Platforms:
- What are the IP addresses for demo, live and contest accounts?
- How do I change my MetaTrader 4 / MetaTrader 5 password?
- How do I trace an IP address?
- Why do I see "No Connection" when I try to connect to MetaTrader 4 / MetaTrader 5?
- Why do I keep seeing the message "Invalid account" in MetaTrader 4 / MetaTrader 5?
- Why do I see the message "Trade context is busy" when I try to make a MetaTrader transaction?
- What time is displayed in MetaTrader?
- What is a trailing stop? Will it be triggered if I am offline?
- What should I do if I forget the password to my demo account?
- What can I find in my MT4 trading report?
- What can I find in my MT5 trading report?
- Why do I get the "Trade is disabled" message when I try to place or change a MetaTrader order?
- Why can't I find certain trading instruments in the "Market Watch" window?
- How can I download quote histories in MetaTrader?
- Why did I lose the information in my "Account History"?
- Why did a bar/candle disappear from my chart?
- BinaryTrader gives me 3 choices for how much I can invest in a trade. Can I enter a different amount?
- Can I change the "Payout" or "Protection Level" of a binary option manually?
- According to what time does the BinaryTrader platform operate?
- Which operating systems support the BinaryTrader mobile application?
- Is the functionality of the BinaryTrader platform preserved in the mobile application?
- How can I install MetaTrader on Mac OS?
- Why does the order close automatically when I open a locked position on an instrument in MT5?